Coronavirus – Keeping You Safe at Blakes
Getting Ready to Re-Open – What to Expect at Blakes Hair & Beauty Salon in Canterbury
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Canterbury salon when we’re allowed to open our doors again, but there’s no doubt that the world will be a very different place when we do. We have been busy preparing the salon for this “new normal”, putting in place a host of new features designed to keep our team and clients safe and well.
You can rest assured that the whole Blakes team are up-to-date on all social distancing and hygiene requirements and will be working to reassure you when you are able to come in for your long awaited hair and beauty appointments.
Please note that at the time of writing we do not yet have an opening date. See our latest notice on reopening and priority booking here.
The “New Normal” at Blakes Hair & Beauty Salon
You can still expect exactly the same fantastic service from your Blakes stylist or beautician, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because our team will be working in shifts over longer hours so that we can accommodate as many of you as possible while maintaining the required social distance.
Our team will be wearing masks, visors and gloves for everyone’s protection and we will be taking their temperature regularly over the course of the day. All staff understand that it is VITAL that they self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms and that they do not come into the salon. Likewise, clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. We reserve the right to check a client’s temperature if we consider it necessary.
We request that you wear a mask when you visit the salon, but if you do not have one, these will be available for purchase. We have invested in lots of PPE for our team as well as making layout and procedure changes in the salon. Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
- Appointments will need to be booked in advance. We may contact you for a consultation over the phone beforehand so we can discuss your hair needs and minimise time spent in discussion during your appointment.
- On arrival at our Dover Street salon, please check to see if there is anyone else in the Reception area ( the previous client may be paying for their appointment). If so, you will be asked to enter the salon via the back door.
- You will receive an end-to-end service from your own individual stylist, including hair washing and payment. Your stylist will be waiting for you on arrival.
- If you do not have a mask, you will be asked to purchase one at the salon. These are available for £1.30 (cost price).
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in Reception and at every chair.
- You will be given a disposable gown on arrival. We will ask you to put this in a waste bin at the end of your visit.
- You will be ushered to your chair, which will be in an individual “pod”, separated from adjacent chairs by floor to ceiling plastic screens.
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been fully sanitised prior to your arrival. Each stylist will be working from two chairs and work stations, allowing the one not in use to be deep cleaned between clients.
- We will be using disposable paper towels during your appointment, which will be placed in the bin at the end of the appointment.
- There will be gaps between client appointments to allow time for cleaning and to maintain social distance.
- We have marked out walk ways across the salon, which will allow you to access necessary areas without going near to other clients.
- We have invested in new sterilising units and all stylists and beauticians will have two full sets of equipment to ensure they will always have a freshly disinfected comb, brush, clips etc for each client.
- Our assistants have been redeployed to limit client contact with team members. They will be assisting with salon disinfection processes, including door handles, styling stations, reception, card machines and toilet areas.
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
Our New Opening Hours
We are planning to open at the following times to accommodate as many appointments as possible as safely as we can:
Monday: 8am – 6pm
Tuesday: 8am – 6pm
Wednesday: 7am – 9.30pm
Thursday: 7am – 9.30pm
Friday: 7am – 9.30pm
Saturday: 8am – 4pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
Booking an Appointment
We already have a long waiting list for appointments, but you can email us at email@example.com to add your name to the list. We’re getting in touch with everyone who had an appointment booked during lockdown who will be offered priority for booking when we re-open.
As we do not currently know our re-opening date, we are offering appointments on the basis of “Week 1”, “Week 2” etc, indicating the weeks after our opening date. Once we know the date we’ll be in touch with everyone with upcoming appointments to confirm the date and time.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.