Coronavirus – Keeping You Safe at Blakes
Covid-Safety Procedures – What to Expect at Blakes Hair & Beauty Salon in Canterbury
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Canterbury salon and we’ve been busy putting in place host of new features designed to ensure that our salon in Covid-secure.
You can rest assured that the whole Blakes team are up-to-date on all social distancing and hygiene requirements and will be working to reassure you and make sure your visit to us is as safe – and enjoyable – as possible.
Please Note: We are no longer offering refreshments in the salon. You are welcome to bring in a disposable bottle of water for your appointment instead, but not other food or drink is to be consumed in the salon.
The “New Normal” at Blakes Hair & Beauty Salon
You can still expect exactly the same fantastic service from your Blakes stylist or beautician, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because our team will be working in shifts over longer hours so that we can accommodate as many of you as possible while maintaining the required social distance.
Our team will be wearing masks, visors and gloves for everyone’s protection and we will be taking their temperature regularly over the course of the day. All staff understand that it is VITAL that they self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms and that they do not come into the salon. Likewise, clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. We reserve the right to check a client’s temperature if we consider it necessary.
We request that you wear a mask when you visit the salon, but if you do not have one, these will be available for purchase. We have invested in lots of PPE for our team as well as making layout and procedure changes in the salon. Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit:
- Appointments will need to be booked in advance. We may contact you for a consultation over the phone beforehand so we can discuss your hair needs and minimise time spent in discussion during your appointment.
- On arrival at our Dover Street salon, please check to see if there is anyone else in the Reception area ( the previous client may be paying for their appointment). If so, you will be asked to enter the salon via the back door.
- You will receive an end-to-end service from your own individual stylist, including hair washing and payment. Your stylist will be waiting for you on arrival.
- If you do not have a mask, you will be asked to purchase one at the salon. These are available for £1.30 (cost price).
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in Reception and at every chair.
- You will be given a disposable gown on arrival. We will ask you to put this in a waste bin at the end of your visit.
- You will be ushered to your chair, which will be in an individual “pod”, separated from adjacent chairs by floor to ceiling plastic screens.
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been fully sanitised prior to your arrival. Each stylist will be working from two chairs and work stations, allowing the one not in use to be deep cleaned between clients.
- We will be using disposable paper towels during your appointment, which will be placed in the bin at the end of the appointment.
- We are no longer offering refreshments or magazines. You are free to bring your own magazine and disposable bottle of water to your appointment. Please note that no other food or drink is to be consumed within the salon.
- There will be gaps between client appointments to allow time for cleaning and to maintain social distance.
- We have marked out walk ways across the salon, which will allow you to access necessary areas without going near to other clients.
- We have invested in new sterilising units and all stylists and beauticians will have two full sets of equipment to ensure they will always have a freshly disinfected comb, brush, clips etc for each client.
- Our assistants have been redeployed to limit client contact with team members. They will be assisting with salon disinfection processes, including door handles, styling stations, reception, card machines and toilet areas.
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer).
Anti Viral Fogging for Added Protection
In addition to our regular deep cleaning procedures, we are now using an anti-viral cleaning agent to “fog” the salon each evening, ensuring that all surfaces are sanitised. Click here to see our video and find out more.
Booking an Appointment
To book an appointment at our Covid-Secure salon, please call us on 01227 768418.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.